Friday, February 24, 2012

Do I need to be pre approved first to shop for a home?

Do I need to get pre approved first to shop for a Parkville home in Baltimore?

When I get a call "Hi Helene, I see a house I like! Can we see it today?" As a REALTOR I love this call!

My initial feeling is joy for the buyer as they may have found a great home!

My first response is great are you pre approved? That's when the conversation takes a turn.

It is so crucial before putting the barrel before the horse, buyers you MUST be pre approved first. There really is no exception, unless using cash.

Buyers, before burning gas and time, ask your self these questions:

*Do I know how much house I can buy? (Random online mortgage calculators don't count!)

*Do I know you what price equals as a monthly payment?

*What property tax bracket should I stay under?

*Do I qualify to get a grant?

***Most important YOU NEED IT WITH YOUR OFFER***

These are just a few items to consider!

You wouldn't make a grocery list, get dressed, drive to the store, full up your shopping cart and leave your wallet home, right?

Also, as a seller, would you want a bunch of strangers that are unqualified to buy your home walking through your house?

The house is perfect! Only to find out, you can't buy it because it's out of your range or to much work! Heartbreaking for first time buyers!

Your best bet is to start with a trusted REALTOR and discuss the home buying process.

Get preapproved! Your REALTOR may have some suggestions of lenders or you may decide to work with your bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment